The Assaulted Women's Helpline is a free 24-hour telephone and TTY crisis line for all women in the province of Ontario who have experienced any form of abuse. It provides crisis counselling, safety planning, emotional support, information and referrals accessible 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
In addition to the women's line, AWHL operates the Seniors Safety Line for any senior in Ontario who may be experiencing abuse and/or neglect.
The Helpline provides a unique level of service to more than 49,000 callers annually because:
- We maintain the only province-wide database of more than 3,000 community services to act as a bridge, connecting women with the services and supports available (including: shelters, rape crisis centres, legal services, community based supports, therapists, support groups and culturally and linguistically appropriate services).
- We are the first and only province wide crisis line of our kind in Ontario.
- We are a critical first point of contact for women especially in communities without women’s shelters or for women who would not traditionally access shelters.
- The Helpline is offered in up to 200 languages.
- The Helpline is provided to deaf and hearing impaired women through the TTY line.
- The Helpline is completely anonymous and confidential giving women a safe way to get information and support.
Call our Helpline free today if you or someone you know is being abused.
TOLL FREE: 1-866-863-0511
MOBILE: #SAFE (#7233) on Bell, Rogers, Telus and Fido networks
TOLL FREE TTY: 1-866-863-7868