To provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
In our work with children, youth, families and communities, all Boys and Girls Clubs are guided by the following Core Values. They define us as a movement and are the standard against which all Boys and Girls Club services are measured.
- Inclusion & Opportunity - We strive to offer children and youth from all economic, cultural and social backgrounds access to the resources, supports and opportunities that will enable them to overcome barriers and achieve their positive potential in life.
- Respect & Belonging - We provide a safe, supportive place, where every child is listened to, respected and valued in an environment of inclusion and acceptance. Our staff and volunteers model honesty, fair play, positive attitude, cooperation and respect for self and others.
- Empowerment - We believe all young people can grow into responsible, contributing and self-reliant members of society. Children and youth are at the centre of everything we do. Through adventure, play and discovery, we encourage and empower them to develop healthy lifestyles, a life-long passion for learning, leadership and life skills and a sense of social responsibility.
- Collaboration - We work together with families and volunteers in each community, in partnership with the public and private sector, to create healthy community solutions to providing children and youth with what they need for optimal development.
- Speaking Out - We speak out on behalf of children, youth and their families to reduce disadvantage, enhance their lives and enable their voices and ideas to be heard.
About BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB OF KINGSTON & AREA
We understand that all young people need to spread their wings to experience new and exciting things. To explore and grow, they need a safe launching place in their community. We provide the platform with a continuum of services that allow kids to take flight. The Boys and Girls Club of Kingston is a non-profit recreational facility that provides activities for children whenever school is out, (After school and evening programs, PA day programs, March break and winter camps). Our program services are planned to provide fun with a purpose. We offer recreation, social interaction and educational programs to build confidence, independence, self-esteem and self-respect for individuals and families in need. We deal directly with the disadvantaged youth of our community. The Club gives children and teens of all abilities a place where they can learn and play away from the worries of the street.
What People Are Saying
"I think a role model is a mentor. Someone you see on a daily basis and you learn from them."
— Denzel Washington (Boys and Girls Club of America Alumni and Donor)
"Boys and Girls Club is awesome because it has education center and has dinner to. And today theres a bake sale. Its always a lot of fun. I love the Boys and Girls Club."
— Rhianna (member, age 7)
"Boys and Girls Club is important to me because I can play, do my homework and have lots of fun. My mom and dad sent me here because I wanted to "
— Angus (member, age 8)
"As a single mother of two children, the Boys and Girls Club has really been a life saver for me! After school I'm usually still working, the Boys and Girls Club picks up my children from school and takes them right to the club. All the staff are amazing! Thanks so much for everything you do!"
— Peggy (parent of member)