1. To promote, encourage and assist in the protection, restoration and responsible use of the Meduxnekeag River Watershed;
2. To promote and encourage the protection, conservation and enhancement of wild Brook trout, Brown trout and Atlantic salmon;
3. To co-operate with landowners to conserve the natural riparian zone along the Meduxnekeag and its wildlife and plant species;
4. To preserve remnant Appalachian Hardwood forestsand their inherent biodiversity and natural beauty;
5. To promote public education and awareness of the value of preserving the natural qualities and biodiversity of the unique Meduxnekeag River watershed; and,
6. To co-operate with and support any agency that shares a common purpose with the Association.
About MEDUXNEKEAG RIVER ASSOCIATION INC.
Meduxnekeag River Association is a non-profit community organization based in Woodstock New Brunswick. Since 1998, we have purchased and protected as the Meduxnekeag Valley Nature Preserve 120 hectares of ecologically-rich riparian forest including key habitat of more than a dozen species of provincially-rare plants. Our two principal education programs are guided curriculum-linked Preserve visits for K-12 classes, and our annual Meduxnekeag Environmental Showcase competition for elementary students. Financial support for property purchases has been received from the Dunn Foundation, EJLB Foundation, NB Wildlife Trust Fund, Woodstock Rotary Club, Nature Conservancy of Canada, Nature Trust of New Brunswick, and many individual donors. In 2004, we were honoured with a New Brunswick Environmental Leadership Award.