WHO WE ARE
Altalma Foundation is a charitable, non-profit organization created to support economic development in Canada and to bridge the gap between corporations and local stakeholders. We are committed to help improve both corporate social responsibility efficiencies and environmental awareness. We believe the long-term future of Canada is best served by respecting the interests of all our stakeholders, including: corporations, government, wildlife and community members.
HOW WE OPERATE
Our approach is different from other development organizations: we partner with corporations and help them execute their corporate social responsibility program to fund programs.
Altalma Foundation is dedicated to funding and facilitating projects that help grow vibrant and empowered communities in Canada.
Altalma Foundation believes that all Canadians should have access to:
- Honest and satisfying ways to make a living
- The basic requirements of a healthy community including ample food, clean water, power and access to essential services
- A healthy environment to raise a family
“Altalma”. A soaring name that blends 'Alta', meaning high, with the name 'Alma', meaning kind soul. Altalma’s values can be summarized by using the word SOUL. We value:
- Stakeholders—respect and understanding for all communities and stakeholders
- Outlay—believing that change doesn’t happen overnight, but investing in long-term, sustainable projects will build vibrant communities.
- Unite—staying accountable to all stakeholders and adhering to high moral standards in all of our endeavors.
- Live—a world where each person has access to ample resources and is able to realize their full potential.