Long-term Desired Outcome
IISD Experimental Lakes Area has a bold vision to enhance and expand in order to develop as the world's leading freshwater research facility. Our long-term goals are:
- to understand and find solutions for emerging global environmental problems;
- to detect emerging environmental trends and understand natural ecosystem function and variability;
- to influence best practices and advance global policy development;
- to strengthen partnerships and increase the capacity for environmental research; and
- to inform multiple audiences of the relevance of freshwater research and outcomes conducted at IISD Experimental Lakes Area.