7th annual Push To End Homelessness
Inn from the Cold - Kelowna
Inn from the Cold Kelowna is hosting our 7th annual Push to End Homelessness, on Saturday, September 29th. This family friendly, community orientated event is a fun, uplifting and inspiring day that supports those who may be experiencing homelessness right here in Kelowna. The Push to End Homelessness acknowledges that homelessness is a community problem – one requiring a community solution.
When: Saturday, September 29th, 2018 - 9:00am to 2:00pm
Where: Cart decoration begins at Kerry Park at 9:00am. The race winds through the downtown core from 10:00am - 12:00pm. At noon, the race will finalize at Kerry Park, where participants will enjoy a BBQ lunch provided by Safeway and celebration with prizes awarded to the teams with the most pledges raised, top finishers, and best decorated cart.
What: Pledged race participants will get together with their teams and decorate their carts. The teams will then make will then be led on a series of challenges through the City of Kelowna before arriving at the finish line at Kerry Park for a BBQ provided by Safeway, and a chance to win prizes!
Local businesses can support the Push to End Homelessness by:
- Registering your own team and collecting pledges
- Making a pledge to an existing team
- Donating a prize for the event (ex. Gift certificates, gift baskets, goods etc.)
- Host a location
Everyone that wants to help is invited to:
- Form a team and raise pledges – team goal is to raise $1000.
- Attend the delicious BBQ lunch provided by Safeway at Kerry Park where 100% of proceeds go directly towards helping persons experiencing homelessness in Kelowna.