Superhero Virtual Challenge in Support of KidsAbility
Calling all Superheroes!
KidsAbility Foundation is inviting you to take up the Superhero Virtual Challenge for the month of June!
Soar high and travel far – you are the Superhero needed to help raise funds and awareness for KidsAbility! The Challenge gives participants a chance to support KidsAbility while physically distancing during the pandemic.
Why We Need You!
We need Superheroes now more than ever. Large physical gatherings like our annual KidsAbility Superhero Run in Guelph and the Rotary Classic Superhero Run in Cambridge are no longer possible in these current times. With many fundraising events for KidsAbility cancelled we need your help to fill the gap.
Reimagining our Superhero fundraiser means that the power of supporters (that’s you!) can continue to raise funds for urgently needed therapy, supports and programs for our kids and their families.
Take part in the Superhero Virtual Challenge in support of KidsAbility. It’s super simple.
Join as a solo hero or come together as a mighty family team.
Create your own activity (optional) and challenge fundraising page.
Invite your family, friends, neighbours and colleagues to contribute to your challenge page to raise awareness and funds in support of KidsAbility.
We’ve set a goal of $10,000 and we’re inviting YOU – and community members from across Waterloo Region and Guelph Wellington – to soar with us to get there! All you need is a bit of an imagination and a whole lot of fun to get creative with your own fun activities to bolster support for KidsAbility.
Build momentum for your challenge! Here are some fun ideas to get your activity and/or fundraising page ready!
- Choose your alter-ego Superhero name. (See the chart below)
- Get creative and take your picture to post on your page to show how you are celebrating the Superhero Challenge – some suggestions include:
- Superhero costume dress up for the day
- Superhero dance party in your backyard or in your living room, maybe on Zoom!
- Backyard Superhero obstacle course
- Superhero themed picnic lunch at home
- Be sure to share why being a Superhero for KidsAbility is important to you on your fundraising challenge page. With your fundraising superpowers, we can soar together to support kids to reach their potential!
- Instead of gatherings, participants are encouraged to find a way at home to host a little activity safely during the week of June 15, share videos and photos with the Foundation by tagging @kidsability on Twitter and Facebook and @kidsability.ca on Instagram. You can also use the hashtags #KidsAbilitySuperheroes and #KWawesome.
You'll be helping to fundraise for urgently needed therapy in support of children served by KidsAbility. Like our Superhero Action Jackson. Check out Jackson in action with his progress in therapy.
Be sure to click here to learn more about KidsAbility’s innovative continuation of therapy services in these challenging times.