2nd Annual Twist n' Sip Groove-a-thon
The Twist n' Sip is a fun filled night of music, dancing, and drinks for a great cause!
WHAT Twist n' Sip Groove-a-thon
WHEN Thursday, June 8th 2017 from 7-10pm
WHERE Crow's Theatre - 345 Carlaw Ave, Toronto, ON M4M 2T1
WHO All ages and all abilities welcome!
Twist n' Sip and much more!
- Three hours of groovin’ to support adults with intellectual disabilities
- Live DJ, pop and funk music
- Free activities and treats... face painting, photo booth, popcorn
- Song requests
- Great prizes
- $20 in advance
- $25 at the door
- FREE for online fundraisers and donors
- FREE for children under 14 years old
Click HERE to purchase tickets in advance.
About L'Arche Toronto
L’Arche began over 50 years ago when Canadian Templeton Prize winner, Jean Vanier, welcomed three men from a local institution to live with him and create home together in Trosly-Breuil, France. Jean was horrified by society’s disdain for these men and others like them. His philosophy was, and still is, that people with intellectual disabilities have gifts to offer and need to be valued and accepted by others. This was revolutionary. This was the beginning of L’Arche!
Today, L’Arche is an international movement that calls people to live in community and share life together. And for nearly 40 years at L’Arche Toronto, we’ve brought to life the vision of Jean Vanier by helping people with intellectual disabilities discover their gifts and abilities, and supporting them to achieve their goals for a meaningful life.
What Are We Fundraising For?
There’s never been greater need in our community for people to participate in fulfilling work, volunteer or day program activities. We hope you agree! Our goal is to raise $45,000 online so we can continue to provide a home, a sense of belonging, and important daytime opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities in the Toronto area. This in turn creates inclusive spaces in the workplace for local businesses and community partners!
Your donation will make an immediate and powerful impact!
Here’s how you can help adults with intellectual disabilities access fulfilling and stimulating work, volunteering, or day program supports:
- $1,000 will support one person with meaningful community participation for one month.
- $250 will support one person with meaningful community participation for one week.
- $100 will support two people with meaningful community participation for one day.
- $50 will support one person with meaningful community participation for one day.
- $25 will support one person with meaningful community participation for half a day.
In a world where people are usually valued by their power and possessions, the L’Arche vision for people with intellectual disabilities is very different.
…we, the people of this earth, learn to be with people with intellectual disabilities, not just wanting to look after them and give money for their well-being. By living together we will help them to discover their fundamental value. They have gifts to offer our societies and the world. – Jean Vanier, Founder of L’Arche