Around the Table Thanksgiving Challenge
Local Food for Local Good
The Around the Table Thanksgiving Challenge encourages people to give back at Thanksgiving to help those in need.
The seasonal fundraiser challenges people to give thanks by giving back by hosting a Thanksgiving dinner, harvest party or social gathering in memory, honour or celebration of a loved one.
Between September 21 and October 21, 2018 hosts can register their dinner or gathering online, where they’ll receive promotional material and fundraising tips. Suggestions include hosting the dinner in memory or in honour of a loved one, collecting donations in lieu of hosting gifts like wine, chocolate or flowers, or donating the proceeds of an after-dinner card party.
Here’s how it works:
- Register your Thanksgiving celebration here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your dinner or party can take place any time between Sept. 21 and Oct. 21.
- Collect donations at your gathering in memory of a loved one or to honor someone you are thankful for. Fundraising and giving tips will be available for dinner hosts and their guests once registered.
- Submit your donations by Oct. 21 (information on how to submit your online and offline donations will be included in your registration kit).
- Give thanks!
- Click on "Create a Team" if you would like your guests to be able make their own personal fundraising pages
- Click on "Join as an Individual" if you would like to only register your dinner, gathering or event (you can use your personal fundraising page link to send to guests and others to make a donation online)
- Not able to attend a dinner or party but want to give thanks while giving back? Scroll to the bottom of this page to make a general donation to the Thanksgiving Challenge!