Help us build a creative future for our community!
MacLaren Art Centre
The MacLaren Art Centre is a registered charity and the regional public art gallery serving the residents of Barrie, the County of Simcoe and the surrounding area. The Gallery presents a year-round programme of innovative world-class exhibitions, education activities and special events, and engages over 57,000 people each year in its programmes at the gallery, in the schools and in the community, including 20,000 children and youth. Admission is free.
Help us reach our goal of $25K by Giving Tuesday!
With your support we will:
- Build on the success of our award-winning VanGo programme, bringing regional artists into classrooms across Simcoe County, grades K to 8, reaching over 8,000 students annually
- Offer creative and social events for youth designed by their peers in our Youth Council
- Respond to the growing number of young families in our city through our Family Sunday programming
- Develop visual arts programmes that celebrate the growing diversity of our community
- Present innovative exhibitions that capture the imagination of young visitors and showcase exceptional works by local, regional and national artists
- Provide learning opportunities for students of all ages, through exploring the artworks we house in our collection
- Encourage young people to develop and showcase their talent through initiatives such as Portfolio and The Sarjeant Company Design Project
- Celebrate our heritage, promote tourism, and bring new art into the community through our four-day arts festival, Carnegie Days
- Engage the public at special events throughout the city including Kempenfest and Celebrate Barrie
- Enhance the understanding of art through artist talks, lectures, gallery tours, and art classes for people of all ages and abilities.
Learn more about the charitable work we do at www.maclarenart.com