Cycle Clear Lake 2020
Mennonite Central Committee (Manitoba)
Join us for a 34 km single-track trail ride in beautiful Riding Mountain National Park in support of MCC Manitoba.
Every dollar raised will help ???
How to Participate:
1. Register online (link/button) or fill out the form here (link) (see details above). A free t-shirt is included with registration. Registration deadline: ???
2. All riders raise pledges for MCC (minimum $200). Collect the pledge money in advance and submit the money before or at the cyclathon. Make cheques for pledges payable to MCC Manitoba. Pledges can be made online (link) or download an offline pledge here (link).
3. Meet at Camp Kippechewin between 7:30-8:30am on July 20????. Register on-site, deposit your pledges and obtain a rider ID.
4. Enjoy the ride, the rest stops, free snacks, and the post-ride BBQ at Camp Kippechewin (gluten-free option for BBQ).
What to Expect:
Average cyclists can expect a 3-4 hour ride. The trail requires a reasonable amount of fitness and cycling experience.
Most of the trail is single track through the boreal forest along the lake shore with many fantastic vistas across the lake. Part of the trail is gravel and riders will traverse a shallow crossing between Clear Lake and South Lake. Along the north shore is an easier route for most cyclists as well as a technical route with several climbs for more experienced riders.
What to Bring:
- Mountain bike or bike with hybrid tires
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Lawn chair
- Pledge sheet with collected pledges