You have the chance to give hope to every one of our newborns.
The most important thing during labour and delivery is response time when there is a concern.
Thanks to many of you, our babies now have the advantage of being born at a state-of-the-art hospital, with the capacity to support advanced medical equipment and new treatment methods.
Our goal now is to meet the need for a Central Fetal Monitoring System for every mother and child in labour and delivery. It will provide a vital window into the womb and gives valuable medical information to the care team such as:
- Remote on-line monitoring of every baby’s heart rate and the mother’s uterine contractions and vital signs.
- “Real-time” assessment – physicians can instantly access all data from a smart phone, home or office.
- Important qualitative diagnostic aid for time-critical, life-saving decisions and interventions.
- Electronic medical record allows archiving of data, which will allow nurses to spend more time with patients.
- The monitoring data may be archived electronically for up to 30 years.
- Nurses can view all monitors at one time.
- Electronic charting of mother and baby can begin from the time the mother arrives as a pre-delivery patient through delivery and then as a postpartum patient, and allows for a new electronic chart to be started on the baby while in the nursery.
- It can monitor a mother and her triplets.
With the ability of obstetricians to be able to view the monitoring remotely doctors can assess the diagnostics and determine a course of action, even while on their way to the hospital.
The system costs $1.25 million.
Your gift today will provide state-of-the-art technology for our littlest patients.