The Nunavut Literacy Council supports the residents of Nunavut in their efforts to increase their literacy levels in the desired language and culture, to facilitate a better quality of life through lifelong learning.
About NUNAVUT LITERACY COUNCIL
What does the NLC do?
- Support communities in the literacy work they do by providing training, resources and on-going support.
- Distribute a monthly e-mail that includes literacy resources and funding information – please e-mail us to be added to the distribution list.
- Produce resources to help Nunavummiut in their literacy activities.
- Support and promote literacy through the Read for 15 Challenge, National Literacy Week, National Family Literacy Day and Uqausirmut Quviasuutiqarniq.
- Maintain an Inuktitut-English-website with on-line resources.
- Organize the PGI Golf Tournaments for Literacy to raise awareness and funds for literacy projects in Nunavut.
- Develop and maintain relationships with territorial and national partners in order to share information and influence literacy policy to the benefit of Nunavummiut.
- Conduct and disseminate original research on literacy and language issues in Nunavut.