Stoma Stroll 2017
Ostomy Canada Society
Saturday, October 7, 2017 is Canada Ostomy Day. And the Ostomy Canada Society will host the 5th Annual Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk in various cities across Canada. If you cannot find a walk in your area you can organize a team or participate as an individual in our virtual walk. The theme this year is "No Colon, Still Strollin!".
With your help, we can reach our goal of raising $25,000 nationally. All funds raised will go towards supporting our mission. Ostomy Canada Society is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to all people with an ostomy, and their families, helping them to live life to the fullest through support, education, collaboration, and advocacy.
Funds raised benefit the Ostomy Canada Society
For a list of areas where the funds will be used, click here. Donate, collect pledges and walk or volunteer with us for this year's walk and help all people living with an ostomy across Canada!
Register Now: Collect pledges to join the Stoma Stroll.
Do you need a pledge sheet to track cash and cheque donations? Download and print it here!
Do you need a Waiver Form for your Stoma Stroll? Download and print it here!
- St. John's, NL - October 7, 2017, Mundy Pond walking trail starting at 10 am.
- Halifax, NS - October 7, 2017, Halifax Public Gardens, main gate entrance at Spring Garden Road and South Park Street, 2:00 pm until 3:30 pm
- Moncton, NB - October 7, 2017. We are going to be at the same location Lawtons Home Health at 40 Mapleton Road Moncton. We are meeting at 1230 and leaving for our walk at 1 pm. We walk up Mountain Road as far as members can manage.
- Saint John, NB - September 30, 2017 - Market Square, 1 pm.
- Charlottetown Peer Support Group - October 7, 2017 - We will be starting at The Murphy Community Center at 10 am for a short stroll and back to the center.
- Ottawa Ostomy Support Group, Stoma Stroll, Oct 7, 2017 @ 10:00 AM at Carleton Place, ON. Parking @ Valley Paints, 22 Lake Ave E, Carleton Place, ON K7C 4J1, Get Directions. Stroll from Farmer’s Market down Bridge street to the Mississippi River
- Kingston, ON - October 7, 2017, 11:00 am until 3:00 pm at Lake Ontario Park, 920 King St. W, Kingston ON.
- Hamilton, ON - October 7, 2017, 10 am at the Burlington Beach Strip Trail and Boardwalk. Start time is 10 am at the parking lot just west of Baranga's restaurant. Form a team with your friends and neighbours. Register yourself and your team online at stomastroll.ca. Let's wear flashy costumes, funny hats or your Ostomy Canada T-shirt. Pets are welcome! Let's get noticed. If you are unable to join the walk, you can still do a "Virtual Walk" by registering online and making a pledge. Free hamburgers, hot dogs and refreshments for all participants.
- Simcoe County - October 7, 2017 - 10 am till 12 pm, Shoppers Home HealthCare, 524 Bayfield St, Barrie, ON, Refreshments, and Snacks provided by Shoppers Home Healthcare.
- Regina, SK - October 7, 2017, Community of Christ Church, 4710 – 8th Avenue, Regina, 9:30 am until 1:00 pm. Rain or shine, Regina is hosting another Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk, based out of Community of Christ Church, 4710 – 8th Avenue. Registration is at 0930 and we have a “walk” staked out through the Grassick and A.E. Wilson Park areas. There will be a short route and a longer route so all are welcome. And, if you don’t feel like walking just come for some coffee and/or some lunch. It would be great to see you.
- Saskatoon, SK - October 7, 2017, The Centre Mall, 3510 8 St E, Saskatoon, meet at the table in front of the Dollarama store at 10:00 am.
- Virtual Walk - October 7, 2017, in your own community!
- Your city could be listed here!
Who to Contact for more information:
Our National Sponsors so far:
- Your company name could be here!