Stoma Stroll 2018
Ostomy Canada Society
Saturday, October 6, 2018 is Canada Ostomy Day and World Ostomy Day. And the Ostomy Canada Society will host the 6th Annual Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk in various cities across Canada. If you cannot find a walk in your area you can organize a team or participate as an individual in our virtual walk. The theme this year is "Speaking Out Changes Lives".
With your help, we can reach our goal of raising $30,000 nationally. All funds raised will go towards supporting our mission. Ostomy Canada Society is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to all people with an ostomy, and their families, helping them to live life to the fullest through support, education, collaboration, and advocacy.
Please see www.ostomycanada.ca for more information about Ostomy Canada Society.
Funds raised benefit the Ostomy Canada Society.
Do you need a pledge sheet to track cash and cheque donations? Download and print it here!
Do you need a Waiver Form for your Stoma Stroll? Download and print it here!
Ostomy Canada Society will supply liability insurance for your walk. Please contact the treasurer through the national office.
Chapter or Support Group Ad
- Click here to download an Ad for your chapter or support group. It is a generic Ad that you can modify to add your chapter or support group information.
- If you want to be a national sponsor and get your website listed here, click here for more information. Click here for art sizes and information.
Our National Sponsors
- ConvaTec - check out their new Me+ program!
- Hollister - Hollister Canada is giving away free World Ostomy Day pins! Request yours here: https://secure.hollister.com/en-CA/stomapin
- Coloplast - check out their Coloplast Care program!
- Your company could be listed here.
- St. John's, NL - On October 6th, 2018 Octomy Newfoundland & Labrador will be hosting it's 6th National Stoma Stroll. Event to take place at the Mundy Pond Walking Trail beginning at 10:00am.Registration begins at 9:00am at St. Theresa's Parish Hall.Refreshments to follow the walk also at the Parish Hall.Come bring your fmil and friends.
- Halifax, NS - Stoma Stroll 2018 will be held Saturday, 2 p.m. October 6 at or near the Halifax Public Gardens. It's a time for camaraderie, a bit of exercise as we walk along paths, and a piece of cake or two as we celebrate World Ostomy Day with many other nations around the globe. Help Ostomy Halifax to raise money to support programs of Ostomy Canada Society, including the twice-yearly magazine Ostomy Canada, and assistance for Camp Horizon in Alberta. Please approach friends, family, colleagues - anyone who might support your walking effort. TAX RECEIPTS will be given for donations of $25 or more. We look forward to seeing you October 6 with your walking shoes and bright smiles.
- Moncton, NB - We will be having it at 10:00 am at Lawton's Home Health on Mapleton Road, Moncton. There will be a short walk and then refreshments afterwards to celebrate. For further information they can contact Denise at (506) 870-2836.
- Saint John, NB - The Saint John Ostomy Association is having our Stoma Stroll at Market Square At 1 O'Clock on Saturday October 6th.
- Fredericton, NB - When: Saturday Oct. 6, 2018 at 12:00 pm. Where: Meet in the parking lot behind the library downtown. What: We will walk from behind the library, along the river, across the walking bridge, and end up at Picaroons for cake and beer if you like (beer is not provided by us, it is just at our end location if you are interested in purchasing something to drink.)
- Charlottetown PEI - Roughly 93 people marched from the Bell Aliant Centre at the University of Prince Edward Island to the Charlottetown Farmer’s Market on Saturday, Oct. 6 for the second annual Stoma Stroll, a fundraiser for ostomy supplies. The number of participants grew since the inaugural walk last year, which had 10 people. See news report here.
- Ottawa ON - Historically we have had difficulty getting volunteers on thanksgiving So we are going to try something different this year. Sept 29 @ 10:30 Memorial celebration for Astrid Graham followed by a stoma stroll. Location Dick Bell Park. Oct 6 Carleton Place Farmers Market @10:30
- Kingston, ON - Saturday, October 6th, 2017 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, we will be down at Lake Ontario Park.
- Hamilton, ON -
- Simcoe County, ON - The Ostomy Association Simcoe County will host its second annual Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk Saturday Oct. 6 in Barrie. The event, which runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., include free hotdogs and drinks and draw for a T-shirt every 15 minutes with every donation. The walk is located at Sunnidale Park at Sunnidale Road and Cundles Road West at the main building.
- Regina, SK - Saturday, October 6, 2018, Registration 9:30 am - Walk and Lunch 9:30 am - 11:30 am. Community of Christ Church, 4710 - 8th Avenue.
- Saskatoon, SK - Saturday, October 6, 2018, meet at The Centre at Circle and Eighth at 10:00 am, walk starts at 10:30 am. After the walk, we are all invited to go for lunch at Shovas Diner in the Northwood Plaza on Idylwyld at noon.
- Virtual Walk - October 6, 2018, in your own community!
Who to Contact for more information:
Need information on how to set up a Stoma Stroll in your area?