Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk 2019
Ostomy Canada Society
Saturday, October 5, 2019, is Canada Ostomy Day. And the Ostomy Canada Society will host the 7th Annual Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk in various cities across Canada. If you cannot find a walk in your area you can organize a team or participate as an individual in our virtual walk.
With your help, we can reach our goal of raising $35,000 nationally. All funds raised will go towards supporting our mission. Ostomy Canada Society is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to all people with an ostomy, and their families, helping them to live life to the fullest through support, education, collaboration, and advocacy.
Please see www.ostomycanada.ca for more information about Ostomy Canada Society.
New this year – Each participant creating a page for the stoma stroll online must join a team. Click here to download instructions.
Funds raised benefit the Ostomy Canada Society.
- For a list of programs where the funds will be used, click here - updated for 2019.
Do you need a pledge sheet to track cash and cheque donations? Download and print it here!
- Stoma Stroll 2019 Pledge Form - Fillable - (This means you can use your computer to fill in the form and then email it to the office with your credit card).
Do you need a Waiver Form for your Stoma Stroll? Download and print it here!
Ostomy Canada Society will supply liability insurance for your walk. Please contact the treasurer through the national office.
Chapter or Support Group Ad
- Chapter Ad - (It is a generic Ad that you can modify to add your chapter or support group information.)
- If you want to be a national sponsor and get your website listed here, click here for more information. Click here for art sizes and information.
Our National Sponsors
- Hollister Canada - click this link for their website. Click this link for #AllInForOstomy in English. Click this link for #AllInForOstomy in French.
- Coloplast Canada - check out their Coloplast Care program!
- ConvaTec Canada - check out their new Me+ program!
- Colo-Majic - check out their website here.
- Safe n Simple - click this link for their website.
- Your company could be listed here.
- St. John's, NL - SEPTEMBER 21, 2019 9;00 AM - 10: 00 AM REGISTRATION MOUNT PEARL TRACK & FIELD Hut Old Placentia Road 10:00 AM WALK begins around track Refreshments to follow at the hut. Come bring a friend
- Halifax, NS - We’ll gather at 2 p.m. Saturday, October 5 at the main entrance of the Halifax Public Gardens, South Park Street and Spring Garden Road. Expect upwards of 40 people to attend. Rain or shine.
- Moncton, NB - We are having it from Lawtons at 40 Mapleton Road starting at 10 am. We usually register prior to that time at 9:30 and walk-up Mountain Road. We look forward to a good turnout and any questions can be answered if needed. Please call Joan Peddle at 506-872-0552.
- Woodstock, NB - waiting for information.
- Saint John, NB - waiting for information.
- Fredericton, NB - waiting for information.
- Charlottetown PEI - Free registration starts at 9 AM. Walk at 10 AM. Contact Christine MacCallum 902-566-1459 for further information.
- Ottawa ON - Our annual stroll will be held on Saturday, October 5, 2019, at 10:30 am. We will begin the stroll at Patterson Creek, walk along the canal to Landsdowne park.
- Kingston, ON - Saturday, October 5th, 2019 at Lake Ontario Park from 11-3 pm. The walk begins at noon.
- Oakville/Halton-Peel (Mississauga) - Saturday, October 5th, 2019. We are hosting our walk at Erindale Park in Mississauga starting at 10 am. We will have three routes set up a 1 KM, 2.5 KM and a 5 KM we will be having a BBQ after for all that are there.
- Hamilton, ON - Does not have an organized walk this year due to lack of volunteers. However, a team has been created if you wish to join the team and fundraise and then do a virtual walk in a mall or a park, or even a trail.
- Simcoe County, ON - waiting for information.
- Regina, SK - The 7th annual Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk will be held in various cities across Canada. Regina will join in on the morning of October 5th starting from the hall at Community of Christ Church Hall at 4710 - 8th Avenue. We’re meeting at 0930 for registration and then people walk the walk or visit in the hall and have coffee at the church hall on 8th and Arthur. Please join us. It’s a fabulous time to visit and learn more about what we do.
- Saskatoon, SK - Saturday, October 5, 2019, meet at Market Mall (2325 Preston Avenue) by the lottery kiosk at 10:00 am, walk starts at 10:30 am. By following the green tiles all away around the Mall, you will walk 1 km. Do as many laps as you want! After the walk, we are all invited to go for lunch (at your own expense) at the Food Court.
- Calgary, AB - at Easter Seals Camp Horizon, on Sept 28, at 1:30 pm.
- Coquitlam, BC - WHEN: Saturday, October 5, 2019; WHERE: Town Centre Park at Lafarge Lake, 1299 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam BC TIME: 11:00 am Take the Millenium Line if using public transit. Parking and washrooms are on-site. Join us at the mustering point (main stage tent) for an easy walk of about an hour. T-shirts and refreshments will be available. We go rain or shine!! Call 604-992-4590 to register or for more information!
- Virtual Walk - October 5, 2019, in your own community!
Who to Contact for more information:
Need information on how to set up a Stoma Stroll in your area?