Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk 2019
Ostomy Canada Society
Saturday, October 5, 2019, is Canada Ostomy Day. And the Ostomy Canada Society will host the 7th Annual Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk in various cities across Canada. If you cannot find a walk in your area you can organize a team or participate as an individual in our virtual walk.
With your help, we can reach our goal of raising $35,000 nationally. All funds raised will go towards supporting our mission. Ostomy Canada Society is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to all people with an ostomy, and their families, helping them to live life to the fullest through support, education, collaboration, and advocacy.
Please see www.ostomycanada.ca for more information about Ostomy Canada Society.
New this year – Each participant creating a page for the stoma stroll online must join a team. Click here to download instructions.
Funds raised benefit the Ostomy Canada Society.
- For a list of programs where the funds will be used, click here - updated for 2019.
Do you need a pledge sheet to track cash and cheque donations? Download and print it here!
- Stoma Stroll 2019 Pledge Form - Fillable - (This means you can use your computer to fill in the form and then email it to the office with your credit card).
Do you need a Waiver Form for your Stoma Stroll? Download and print it here!
Ostomy Canada Society will supply liability insurance for your walk. Please contact the treasurer through the national office.
Chapter or Support Group Ad
- Chapter Ad - (It is a generic Ad that you can modify to add your chapter or support group information.)
- If you want to be a national sponsor and get your website listed here, click here for more information. Click here for art sizes and information.
Our National Sponsors
- Hollister Canada - click this link for their website.
- Coloplast Canada - check out their Coloplast Care program!
- ConvaTec Canada - check out their new Me+ program!
- Colo-Majic - check out their website here.
- Safe n Simple - click this link for their website.
- Your company could be listed here.
- St. John's, NL -
- Halifax, NS -
- Moncton, NB -
- Woodstock, NB
- Saint John, NB -
- Fredericton, NB -
- Charlottetown PEI -
- Ottawa ON - Our annual stroll will be held on Saturday, October 5, 2019, at 10:30 am. We will begin the stroll at Patterson Creek, walk along the canal to Landsdown park.
- Kingston, ON -
- Hamilton, ON -
- Simcoe County, ON -
- Regina, SK -
- Saskatoon, SK - Saturday, October 5, 2019, meet at Market Mall (2325 Preston Avenue) by the lottery kiosk at 10:00 am, walk starts at 10:30 am. By following the green tiles all away around the Mall, you will walk 1 km. Do as many laps as you want! After the walk, we are all invited to go for lunch (at your own expense) at the Food Court.
- Coquitlam, BC - WHEN: Saturday, October 5, 2019; WHERE: Town Centre Park at Lafarge Lake, 1299 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam BC TIME: 11:00 am Take the Millenium Line if using public transit. Parking and washrooms are on-site. Join us at the mustering point (main stage tent) for an easy walk of about an hour. T-shirts and refreshments will be available. We go rain or shine!! Call 604-992-4590 to register or for more information!
- Virtual Walk - October 5, 2019, in your own community!
Who to Contact for more information:
Need information on how to set up a Stoma Stroll in your area?