The Outdoor Recreation Council of BC has the following objectives:
1. To promote the benefits of public outdoor recreation in British Columbia.
2. To represent the interests of the outdoor recreation community to government, industry and the public.
3. To advocate and facilitate access to public lands and waters for outdoor recreation.
4. To foster responsible use of British Columbia's outdoors by recreational users through advocacy and education.
5. To be a forum for the exchange of views between government, outdoor recreation groups and other organizations in matters related to outdoor recreation.
6. To build bridges between outdoor recreation groups with conflicting interests.
About OUTDOOR RECREATION COUNCIL OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
The Outdoor Recreation Council is a research, education,and advocacy organisation. The Council's members represent the full spectrum of land and water-based recreational activities in the Province. As a respected voice for outdoor recreation in BC, the Council provides information and advice on recreation policy and management practices. We work cooperatively with goverment, industry, and other groups.