For more than thirty years, parents and children all over Canada have been discovering the joys of singing, rhyming, and storytelling at a Parent-Child Mother Goose group in their neighbourhood. With your help, we can make sure that this happy tradition continues for the next generation of parents and children.
The Little Program that Could
The Parent-Child Mother Goose program began with a single program in Toronto, thanks to the passion and dedication of a few committed individuals who realized that fostering an early delight in language could enhance child development and build strong, healthy families. Today, it is delivered in hundreds of communities, big and small, from Newfoundland to British Columbia. And it still relies on a small group of passionate people to make it all happen.
Run almost entirely by volunteers, the National Parent-Child Mother Goose Program is small organization with a big impact. We keep teachers and programs connected, oversee training and program development, certify new teachers, and develop resources for teachers and parents. But we can't continue without your support! We urgently need your donation today.
The national organization is an essential component of strong, healthy Mother Goose programs in communities all across Canada -- and we're asking for your donation to keep us in operation. Please support us today, and keep Parent-Child Mother Goose a truly national program. Children and families all across Canada will be grateful you did.
WHAT WE DO
- Every year, the Programs and Training Committee of the National Parent-Child Mother Goose Program carefully reviews the applications of apprentices and trainee teachers, ensuring that high standards of program delivery are maintained across Canada.
- Since 1984, the National Parent-Child Mother Goose Program has certified hundreds of new teachers to deliver the program to children and families.
- The National Council’s website provides up-to-date information about where parents can find programs across Canada
- Through the National Parent-Child Mother Goose program, we’re broadening our reach all across the globe! This year, a PCMG program for hearing impaired children was launched in Iran.
- We offer 18 print and audio resources, specially developed by Parent-Child Mother Goose teachers, for use in programs or at home
You can make a difference in the lives of children and families by supporting the National Parent Child Mother Goose program. Choose to become a monthly donor, or make a one-time donation.