The Community Resource Centre helps reduce poverty and build a sense of belonging for Powell River citizens.
Why we need support
Despite the large amount of community, regional and provincial support, the funding level to operate the CRC to acceptable standards of quality and safety is currently inadequate. More and more people are using the centre which is increasing costs faster than we can increase funding.
We expect to need at least 25,000 to balance our budget for the For the 2017-2018 fiscal year (ending March 31).
What the CRC does:
- Provides Basic Needs such as shelter, hot meals, food hampers, free laundry, computer and internet access and bus passes
- Creates supported pathways to essential services through on-sit access to professional health resources and services, life skills and provides supported referrals to our partnered network of community-based provincial and local community services
- Promotes self-advocacy by providing guided assistance in accessing self-help legal aid, free tax return services and provides coaching on accessing employment and housing
- Contributes to Community Health Outcomes by reducing ER and private physician visits, supporting community and specialised health outreach and coordination overdose prevention strategies for the community.
- Builds Community. through community meals , volunteer opportunities, community gardening and community cooking, many people see the CRC as their living room and the people as their family.