How Your Donation Helps!
Emerging writers with disabilities will learn playwriting techniques, engage in group & individual assignments & writing prompts, in a a supportive, creative, and accessible environment:
- A professional facilitator will nurture playwriting talent, technique and skill.
- Occasional guest instructors will provide additional support and resources.
- Accessibility supports (e.g. large font printing for writers who live with sight loss).
- An accessible meeting space.
- Professional actors (for occasional readings).
- Public reading costs.
Why is this Important to the Community?
Playwrights have the capacity to drill into the poetry, authenticity and raw truth of life. They can capture our imaginations, entertain us, and change perceptions of disability.
Unfortunately, the voices of playwrights with disabilities are mostly absent from our cultural platforms.
The Playwriting Circle will develop these voices by nurturing the skill set and creativity of emerging writers with disabilities.
Your donation helps see this journey through!