ABOUT OUR COMMITTEE
Sask Valley Hospital Foundation(SVHF) is the fund raising committee, authorized by the 9 Municipalities of the Twin Rivers region to initiate fund raising appeals and requests with funds being raised directed towards the new hospital facility.
(The 9 municipalities included in Twin Rivers Region: Town of Duck Lake, Town of Rosthern, Town of Hague, Village of Hepburn, Town of Waldheim, RM of Laird No. 404, RM of Rosthern No. 403 and RM of Duck Lake No. 463.)
Why is a new hospital needed?
- Two Separate engineering consultations have indicated major inadequacies of the current structure.
- The building is 64 years old and is not suited to the implementation of current medical practices.
- The services and teaching currently offered by the Rosthern Hospital have outgrown the physical structure.
- Major economic and population growth in the area north of Saskatoon has occured and is expected to continue.
- The Rosthern Hospital is the northern anchor of the Saskatoon Health Region, similiar to Humboldt being their eastern anchor. These hospitals serve to reduce the congestion and waiting times at Saskatoon hospital emergency departments.