Mother Teresa Middle School is privately funded Grades 6 – 8 with enrollment restricted to low-income, single/no parent students from the inner city of Regina. A significant number are from aboriginal families with minimal support and resources. The Jesuits are active partners in Mother Teresa.
Campion College & Campion College Council 15955 has been working together with Mother Teresa at an informal level since its inception. For example, there is a mass service periodically during the school year at Campion College Chapel which all Mother Teresa students attend. Also, Campion Council members act as mentors to some of the MTMS students etc. As a means of assisting the less fortunate and as a visual demonstration of support of secondary education, Campion College Council would like to establish an annual bursary with the following criteria:
- Applicant must be enrolled as a student at Campion College
- Bursary of $1,000.00/year commencing in September 2018
- Financial need is a primary qualifier
- Preference is given to a graduate of Mother Teresa Middle School
- Entry year and/or a first-time recipient is offered preference
In order to fund the Campion College Council Bursary, an Endowment would be established within the Sask K of C Charitable Foundation. The Endowment would be funded through an agreed partnership of:
- 33% - Campion College Council #15955
- 33% - Campion College
- 33% - Councils & Sask K of C Charitable Foundation
The funding contributions for the Campion College Council Bursary would be initiated by Campion Council 15955 and matched by Campion College & Sask K of C Charitable Foundation over a two-year timeframe.