How is Sewa Canada International helping in Kerala ?
- Our volunteers on the ground are currently engaged in the rescue & relief work.
- These include 3 University youth from Toronto, ON, who happened to be in Kerala on an internship program.
- Our volunteers rescued many people in the past week.
- One of our volunteers lost his life while undertaking rescue operations.
- Displaced people and those cut off due to bridges washed away, are being provided with food and essential items.
- Grocery, clothes, sanitation materials, medicines, household items etc are being collected for distribution.
What is next ?
Once the worst is over, rescue operations are completed, Sewa Canada will move into -
- Assessment of the situation on the ground.
- Identify areas to rebuild lives and property.
- Move into reconstruction mode - the most difficult phase requiring endurance and experience.
- Sewa Canada is already engaged in reconstruction work from the floods in the same area in 2018. To view our reconstruction work from 2018 floods, click here
- Sewa Canada will transfer all funds to its partner organization for implementation, based on Canada Revenue Agency guidelines and FCRA regulations in India.
- All donors will be provided with details of the projects carried out by Sewa Canada International.
Sewa Canada International has been a registered charity in Canada for over 25 years, serving the world in Disaster Relief, Health, Women Empowerment and Education areas. All donations qualify for Tax Deductible receipts, in Canada.
Sewa Canada International appeals to donate generously to help Kerala and its people in its hour of need.
By mailing a cheque payable to “Sewa Canada International”. Mail cheque to P.O Box 76621, 1661 Denison Street, Markham, ON, L3R 0N5