Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region
During Sexual Assault Prevention Month (May), we invite you to #RallyWithRosie and help raise $20,000 for the Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region (SASC). To maximize your impact, an anonymous donor will generously match each dollar raised during this campaign*. To learn how you can #RallyWithRosie, read more below.
These are critical times for survivors of sexual violence. Research suggests that an increase in sexual violence is one of the likely impacts of large-scale crisis, such as natural disasters, wars, and pandemics. This means that our Centre is bracing for a sharp increase in demand for our services. In the post-#MeToo era, our waiting lists to access free, specialized counselling and advocacy were already at critical levels. Friends, we need your support. It's time to rally.
How To Join
1. Take the pledge to rally and create a free, personal fundraising page to collect donations.
2. Rally hard - you're the hero in this story!
- Take a pic in your best Rosie gear, add it to your fundraising page, and to your social media profile(s).
- Get creative! Hold one of our selfie cards with a message about why you're participating.
- Use one of our Facebook frames to show your support.
- We'll give you the tools you need to engage and educate your networks!
- Let's flood social media and rally united for survivors.
3. Share your fundraising page on social media, by email or text. Don't forget to let folks know that their donation will be doubled by an anonymous donor!
4. Use our hashtag, #RallyWithRosie! We will enter pics with this hashtag in a contest to win cool prizes. We'll also give a prize to the Rosie with the most donations raised! Stay tuned for other contests throughout this campaign.
We’re there when someone has experienced the darkest time in their life. But today, there is a challenge we are facing...
In the post-#MeToo era, we’ve been flooded with calls for support.
Jian Ghomeshi. Bill Cosby. Harvey Weinstein. Sexual violence in our armed forces. In the RCMP. Sexual assaults on college campuses. Inadequate police responses to sexual assaults. Headline after headline. And with each, more survivors spoke out.
Our Centre’s on the frontlines of this cultural shift locally; the demand for our services has exploded. Five years ago, 40 survivors on our wait list was a crisis; now we have 140.
What's more, research shows that an increase in sexual violence is one of the likely impacts of large-scale crises, such as natural disasters, wars, and pandemics. This means that our Centre is likely to see an even greater increase in demand for services both during and in the short and long-term aftermath of the COVID-19 crisis.
Friends, we need your help. It's time to rally.
Rosie The Riveter is a feminist icon. Popularized during WWII, she became the world's shero during a time of crisis. We are asking you to #RallyWithRosie today to support local survivors of sexual violence, because no one should languish on a waitlist after an assault.
About the Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region (SASC):
We support survivors of sexual violence. We listen, facilitate healing, and celebrate resiliency. Using an intersectional feminist approach, we work to transform systems which promote gender-based violence.
A world without sexual violence and oppression.
1. Who do I contact if I have questions or need technical support?
Please email email@example.com if you need support setting up your fundraising page, or have any questions at all!
2. How do I join as an individual?
Just click the "Join as an Individual" button at the top of this page. Sign up is a breeze, and is totally free!
3. How do I create a team?
Click the "Create a Team" button above. You will guided to set up an individual fundraising page, and a team page as the team captain. From there, you can invite folks to join your team via email!
4. How do I join a team?
Click "Find a Team or Person" and search by team name. Once you find the team page, click on it. On the team page, there will be a button that says "Join this team". Click on it to join!
5. I don't have a lot of fundraising experience. How can I make my fundraising a success?
No worries - fundraising is meant to be FUN! CanadaHelps has created this wonderful resource for P2P fundraisers with lots of tips and tricks - be sure to check it out!
*Up to $30,000