SHALEM MENTAL HEALTH NETWORK
Registered Name: Shalem Mental Health Network
Business Number: 130566011RR0001
About This Charity
Our Dream (Vision):
Every person is thriving in healthy relationships in strong communities, regardless of circumstances.
Our Part (Mission):
The Shalem Mental Health Network accompanies persons and communities as they journey towards emotional health and mental wellness. We do so through our unique contributions of
- Serving and advocating for clients
- Strengthening communities to meet the needs of their most vulnerable members
- Developing effective partnerships between communities and professional mental health supports
- Discovering and sharing best practices with others.
Our DNA (Values):
As followers of Jesus Christ, grounded in His ministry of compassion and healing for all,
- Hope – We believe that hope, emerging in the midst of lament, can enable every person to embrace the fullness of life.
- Community for all– We understand that healing flourishes through healthy supportive relationships.
- Partnership – We network and work collaboratively with communities that contribute to emotional health and mental wellness.
- Stewardship – We are faithful to the purpose for which resources are given and manage them with transparency and accountability.
- Professionalism – We adhere to professional ethics and best practices.
- Creativity – We contribute to community-based research and practice through our innovation and resourcefulness.
About Our Organization
"Shalem" (pronounced ShaLAME) is a beautiful Hebrew word which means "wholeness", "restoration" and "peace". In that spirit, and driven by such core Gospel values as healing, restoration and community for all, we seek to come alongside those who are hurting and vulnerable. We believe that all of us are wounded in some way but that healing and restoration is also possible.
Shalem offers two ways of accompaniment:
1. Individual, couple and family counselling. We also offer specialized therapy for children and youth who struggle with attachment disorders and their caregivers. We deeply honour and respect all those who embark on a journey of healing.
2. Equipping and supporting communities, including faith communities, to better embrace the needs of people who struggle with emotional distress and/or mental illness.
Our dream includes developing services which help to define a new, mutually beneficial relationship between professional mental health programs and community.
Donate To This Charity Now
Make a one-time donation to this charity now using a credit card , PayPal™ account or a CanadaHelps Gift Card.
Schedule monthly donations using a credit card or PayPal™ account.
It’s an easy way to make a big impact and helps the charity plan. Choose the day of the month for your first donation. We’ll charge you on the same day every month thereafter for the remainder of the period you set.
A donation of securities or mutual fund shares is the most efficient way to give charitably since the capital gains tax does not apply. Your security or mutual fund donation means a larger donation for the charities you support. It also means a larger charitable tax receipt for you. We’re the largest processor of online security and mutual fund donations in Canada. And, we make it easy to disburse your donation across multiple charities.
Bringing friends, family or co-workers together to support this charity multiplies your donation.
A CanadaHelps Fundraising Page gives you the tools to tell your fundraising story and to track your progress. Share your page with everyone you know by email, using the integration social media feature and more. Before you know it, you will have increased awareness and funds for a charity you care about.
Do You Have a CanadaHelps Gift Card?
Just continue with your donation and you will be prompted for this information at checkout.
Now that was a great gift idea!