Partageons la PUCK 2019
SHARE THE WARMTH
On Sunday, November 17, at noon, Share the Warmth is teaming up with Marc Bergevin, GM of the Canadiens Hockey Club, to host Partageons La Puck, a charity hockey game, to raise funds for Share the Warmth’s youth programs. The game will take place at the Saint-Charles Arena (1055 Hibernia). Renowned Montreal chef Chuck Hughes, owner of Garde-Manger and Le Bremner restaurants will also join the game as a player this year. All proceeds from this event will go directly to Share the Warmth. Our goal is to raise $65,000 through everyone’s collective generosity. Together we can continue to help ensure that no Montreal child is prevented from succeeding in life due to lack of opportunity!
Over 80% of our programs serve youth and focus on their overall development, health and success. These include:
- A music program: high-quality music education to over 200 kids in the community.
- A tutoring program: after-school homework help, individualized support and healthy snacks for close to 40 students from the three elementary schools in Pointe-Saint-Charles.
- The new Boîte à Lunch cooking workshops: fun, hands-on cooking workshops, which teach students how to prepare simple, healthy meals and develop healthy relationships with food.
- A back-to-school program: a yearly school supply sale for local families who use our services, ensuring every child has the tools they need to succeed in school.
- A holiday Magasin-Partage: an annual toy sale in December that helps parents buy gifts for their kids at symbolic prices.
Located in Point St. Charles, Share the Warmth represents hope for families of hundreds of children in the community, and thousands more across the island of Montreal, through its school-based programs by bringing food, school supplies, music education and tutoring to those who need them most.