Run For Me Virtual Run 2017
Sit With Me Rescue
Do you love to run/walk with your dog? Do you want to support Sit With Me Dog Rescue? We've designed a Virtual Run where we encourage you to participate with your dog! You can run, walk, rollerblade, bike 5K... whatever you want... and raise money for Sit With Me at the same time. You do it anywhere, any time between Septebmer 1st to 30th!
Sit With Me Dog Rescue is dedicated to rescuing shelter dogs that are at risk of losing their lives, regardless of breed, age or medical state. Most of our dogs require expensive vet care before they are eligible for adoption... they need your support in order to get the help they need.
We encourage you to participate in our Virtual Run with or without your dog. If you don't have a dog, borrow one or go dog-free... we encourage everyone to participate! Participate as an individual or as a team!
How it works:
1. Register right here (with your dog(s) of course!) Registration is through donation only. Create your personal fundraising page by clicking on "Join as an Individual", or "Create a Team", using one of the buttons above. Raise as much money as you can for Sit With Me through family and friends. We have awards and prizes for fundraising!
2. You have 30 days to complete 5K from September 1st to 30th. Post your results by midnight on September 30th (Date and method of completion ie. I completed the Run for Me Virtual Run! On September 15th I walked 5K with my dog Gonzo!) on our FB Events page or Twitter with the hashtag #SWMRunForMe
3. We have prizes!
- All participants who complete 5K and raise at least $40 get a medal and a bandana for your dog.
- All participants who raise a minimum of $100 get a free Sit With Me t-shirt
- All participants who raise a minimum of $200 get a free Sit With Me sweatshirt
- Top Fundraiser wins a $200 Sport Chek gift card
- Best Team Photo (person and dog) wins a $100 Cineplex gift card
4. To win Top Fundraiser, all donations to your campaign must be made through Canadahelps.org.
5. To win Best Team Photo (person and dog), post your photos on our FB Events page or Twitter with the hashtag #SWMRunForMe.
6. Participate as an individual with your dog, or get some friends/family and their dogs involved and make a Team. The more the merrier!
7. All awards and prizes will either be picked up at a predetermined location, or mailed if you live at a distance from Ottawa, at the completion of the month. Top Fundraiser and Best Team Photo will be announced on Facebook and Twitter.
8. Most of all... have FUN!
What are you waiting for? Come Run For Me!