Second Stage Housing by Sussex Vale Transition House
When they find a safe place to live, even women who have lived in abusive settings for many years demonstrate remarkable strength and determination to build a better life.
In our new housing project, they will draw on a natural community of encouragement, and formal support, such as counselling, skills building and education, and have regular access to medical care. Free of the constant opposition, sabotage, anger and violence they have known, many will have their first opportunity to make a better life for themselves and their children.
Five units of housing
- 1 one-bedroom
- 2 two-bedroom units
- 2 three-bedroom apartments
Building will also include
- group/child therapy rooms
- common space/ meeting space for support groups and to facilitate expanded programming
- All units are accessible, meeting national building code for accessibility standards
- Construction will follow the “Green Building Policy” provided by the Government of New Brunswick.
- This location is near many local amenities, including pharmacies, and medical services (hospital, community clinic, dentist office, school bus stop).
- For security, building is located in an area with foot and road traffic.
- The budget includes a security system including exterior camera surveillance, locked entrances on a remote release system, intercoms and panic buttons.
- The building will not be identified externally as anything more than apartments and offices.