Scotiabank Charity Challenge October 21, 2018
THE CONCERNED KIDS
On October 21, 2018 Scotiabank is holding its Annual Scotiabank Charity Challenge.
In 2017, The Concerned Kids (TCK) raised $4,321 in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge with only 5 participants. Two individuals running the half marathon and three participating in the 5km walk. TCK wants to make the Scotiabank Charity Challenge an annual fundraising event for the charity and hopes to raise $10,000 - $15,000 each year...maybe even $20,000. Our current board members, of which we have 8 are 100% behind this event. One board member in 2017 raised $1,188, Tinda Holland (ED) raised $1,105, our Program Coordinator raised $948, our Chairman raised $680 and one of our Volunteer Puppeteers raised $150. Not bad for our first year. The Scotiabank funds will play an important role in our yearly fundraising goals.
What is required for an independent registrant to fundraise for The Concerned Kids:
- Make sure you have registered as an individual participant, either in the 5km walk / run; the 10km Half Marathon; or the Full Marathon. If you still need to register, please use the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon / Charity Challenge link http://www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com/event-info/5k/ and follow the instructions.
- Once registered with Scotiabank, it is time to sign up on The Concerned Kids CanadaHelps Scotiabank Event Page. Click on the respective INDIVIDUAL BLUE ICON and follow the instructions. You are now all set to go and have your friends support you as a walker / runner in the 2018 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon / Charity Challenge with a monetary per kilometer pledge or by making a direct donation to the charity. Just send them the link to your CanadaHelps P2P fundraising page.
- The Concerned Kids will be able to track your progress; how much money you or your team were able to raise; as well as provide the total amount raised by the charity from this event.
- If your friends, family members, neighbours etc., prefer to give you cash, please download The Concerned Kids 2018 Scotiabank Pledge Form and keep track of the donations made. All funds collected must be submitted to The Concerned Kids by October 31, 2018. Please make the cheque(s) payable to The Concerned Kids and these funds will be manually added to your grand fundraising total. Charitable tax receipts will be issued for donations of $20 of more. All funds raised go directly to The Concerned Kids Charity of Toronto. We wish you lots of luck in your fundraising endeavours for TCK.
- We all run for different reasons. We encourage you to run for what moves you!
Information about the Scotiabank Charity Challenge
Each October, the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon plays host to thousands of runners, spectators and volunteers from over 60 countries around the globe as they take to the streets to run, walk and wheel through Canada’s largest city. Starting in 1990 as a half marathon and 5k with 1,500 participants the race has since added a full marathon format and grown to over 25,000 participants in 2017.
In 2017 alone, the Scotiabank Charity Challenge helped raise over $8 million for 560 community charities across the country through the six Scotiabank sponsored marathons. Over 103,000 people participated in the various race distances, with thousands of friends and family attending to cheer them on. Since the Scotiabank Charity Challenge began in 2003, over $62 million has been raised for local charities across Canada.
The Scotiabank Charity Challenge at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, in 2017 hosted 196 charities who raised over $3.5 million! Since its inception in 2003, the STWM Scotiabank Charity Challenge has raised over $35 million for local, national and international charities.