Imagine being part of a movement to make a real difference! Partner with us to combat chronic pain, Ehlers Danlos Syndromes and other Heritable Connective Tissue disorders. At The ILC Foundation, we:
- Reduce feelings of isolation, anxiety, fear and depression through peer support
- Promote and provide in-kind support in research to find cures
- Achieve awareness and education within the patient and healthcare community
- Improve family health by providing resources and knowledge to families and care givers
- Work to ensure sustainability of resources
To date, we have helped thousands of people suffering from chronic pain and heritable connective tissue disorders and their family members. We are knowledge brokers, tireless advocates and resourceful collaborators. Here are some of our accomplishments that have an ongoing impact:
- Offer of a range of accessible online support and educational resources
- Host an annual international conference of healthcare providers, research specialists and patients
- Sponsorship of International CSF Flow Conference with over 70 neurosurgeons and specialists in attendance, where our patient survey data on the neurological impacts will be presented
- Development of a ‘scientific think tank’ of medical expert advisors
- Host 58 ILC educational conference videos on our website
- Patient assistance to navigate support and care
- Provide financial service resources
- Ongoing school support for students
- Meaningful connections through our online peer support community for people in pain and those living with EDS/HCTDs who are often disbelieved or feel isolated. These connections help to reduce barriers to accessing treatment or support.
- Stakeholder outreach across the healthcare system and governments
- Advocacy of a national pain strategy, health care reform, EDS clinic and government support
- Completed an unprecedented comprehensive patient survey
- Instrumental in the creation of patient-engaged research partnerships
- Continuous liaison and collaborator with chronic pain research partners nationally
We know our efforts are making a difference! Your donation, no matter how much, will be invaluable.
The ILC is a national peer-to-peer-focused charitable foundation catalyzing efforts to address the burden of Chronic Pain and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome through evidence-based awareness and education.