During the COVID-19 pandemic, The Mississauga Food Bank is working to ensure those living in poverty can continue to access food. We anticipate an increase in clients looking for support in the coming weeks and will require $840,000 to keep the shelves stocked during this crisis - $360,000 more than anticipated.
The Food Bank is asking the public to support with cash donations to ensure that:
- When vulnerable families can’t afford to stock up on food, the Food Bank will have enough for them.
- If some food bank locations in Mississauga are forced to close, the Food Bank can provide special emergency distribution right to families.
- With schools closed for three weeks, the Food Bank can distribute meals and snacks to kids who usually receive them at school or in before/after school clubs.
- Even though many community groups have cancelled their planned food drives and fundraising events, shelves will be stocked for anyone who may need food.
- The Food Bank can purchase food when food donations are not being made. We can't do this without you.