Share a Smile- Give Hope
THE OTTAWA MISSION FOUNDATION
You are invited to participate in The Ottawa Mission’s first-ever VIRTUAL interactive fundraising campaign where you can Share a Smile – Give Hope. Be part of this opportunity to come together virtually and support our most vulnerable by having some fun while fundraising for The Ottawa Mission.
We are all being told to seek shelter, and so we faithfully do, but self-isolation and avoiding public places are simply not options for those who have no place to call home. Join us during this time of isolation to reach out online and share a steadfast commitment to the care and well-being of The Mission’s guests.
Share a Smile – Give Hope is an online fundraising initiative that invites people to register as a team, family, or individual to make those around you smile while fundraising for The Mission. It’s a great opportunity to create a sense of joy and connection.
Here are some ideas! NOTE- once you are registered you will be invited to join our facebook group so you can see everyone's posts.
Remember to tag @OttawaMission on social media and to send your photos to email@example.com
- Post a joke of the day, thought of the day, trivia question or song of the day at the end of your driveway.
- Create a Best-in-Show pet competition on social media.
- Draw a positive message with chalk on your sidewalk or driveway.
- Dress up in a funny costume and make your coworkers laugh in your next virtual meeting.
- Record a song to share with your family and friends.
- Record and share a positive story with your social media circle.
Take a video or photo of what you did and share it with your network and invite them to donate to you or your team. You can do this daily, weekly or even just one time. Everyone can participate; children, family, community or virtual workplaces. By taking part in Share a Smile – Give Hope, you become the maestro of fun – so be creative! Thank you for your participation, and remember - the only rule is to smile and have fun!