Yasmine Bia's fundraiser supporting THE PARISH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST NORTH VANCOUVER in The Long, Long Night of Hope 2019
Most people do not choose to be homeless, and the experience is generally negative, unpleasant, unhealthy, unsafe, and distressing.
Many factors can contribute to individuals and families being at risk of homelessness.
•Precarious or unstable employment
• Sudden unemployment with few prospects and little to no savings
• Supported housing about to be discontinued.
• Households facing eviction
• Severe and persistent mental illness, active addictions, substance use and/or behavioural issues.
• Division of Household – caused by various situations
• Violence / abuse (or fear of) in current housing
• Institutional care that is inadequate or unsuited
Do you know anyone? Please help as you can!