Sashbear Walk 2020
The Sashbear Foundation
SASHBEAR WALK DETAILS
- Sunday May 24th, 2020
- Registration 9-10am
- Walk Warm up at 9:45am with Walk Start at 10:00am
- 5km walk along Sunnyside Boardwalk beside Lake Ontario
- Registration, start and finish at Sir Casimir Gzowski Gazebo
- Celebration to follow with live music, games and silent auction
- Special guests include Canadian Olympians.
ABOUT THE SASHBEAR WALK
Sasha Menu Courey, a spirited young woman and Olympic hopeful in swimming, lost her battle with mental health in 2011 and succumbed by suicide. In her memory, her parents Lynn and Mike took the plunge and created the Sashbear Foundation to raise awareness for early recognition, intervention and access to treatment for individuals with emotional dysregulation.
You are cordially invited to join us for the foundation’s biggest annual fundraiser - a lovely walk along the beach. Last year 600+ participants helped raise over $90,000 to support Sashbear initiatives such as Family Connections™ programs across Canada. Let’s make a bigger splash this year.