Musical Fundraiser 2019-2020
The Segal Centre for Performing Arts
You be the star!
Raise money for the Segal Centre, work with industry professionals and sing your heart out to all the Billy Joel songs you know and love including:
How it works:
1. Complete this registration form by November 8th, 2019 and pay the 50$ non-refundable registration fee.
2. Sign up to perform a solo, duet, trio, or join the ensemble. Each "role" has it's own fundraising goal: solo $1500, duet $1250, trio $1000, and ensemble $850. This year, we also have a kids' only number (16 and under) for which the fundraising goal is $360.
3. Following registration the creative team will be in touch to "cast" you in one of the above listed songs! We will make every effort to make sure you are comfortable and happy with your song(s). Please note there are a limited number of solos, duets and trios available. If your preferred role is sold out, please sign up for another role and we will do our best to accommodate your preference.
3. Get ready for your curtain call! Starting December 8th, attend weekly rehearsals (Sundays 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. and Mondays at 7:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.) Note: You won't have to attend every rehearsal. The Stage Manager will be in touch to confirm your availability so they can create a rehearsal schedule that respects everyone’s time and commitments. If you have to miss a rehearsal, we understand! But PLEASE let us know in advance. If absences persist the director has the discretion to remove you from the number.
4. Ask your friends, family, and colleagues to support you! Share this page or your unique participant's page straight to Facebook and Twitter. (All donations are eligible for a full tax receipt!)
5. Meet your fundraising goal (Solo $1500, Duet $1250, Trio $1000, Ensemble $850, Kids' Number $360) and receive 2 complimentary tickets to the show.
6. Attend ALL technical and dress rehearsals the week before the show: Tuesday March 24th, Wednesday March 25th, Thursday March 26th, and Saturday March 28th 7:00 - 11:00 p.m.
7. Blow the audience away March 29th! Mark your calendars now!
P.S. Have fun! You may be working with experienced theatre professionals, but everyone joining you on stage is a volunteer. They're here to have a great time, be part of an amazing community, try something new and support the Segal Centre!
If you're unsure about anything, don't hesitate to call or email Sarah Berger, Development Assistant at the Segal Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514.739.2301 x 8326
About the Musical Fundraiser
Every year, brave individuals put themselves front and center, on the Segal stage, and sing their hearts out for the benefit of all. Our performers have ranged in age from 8 to, well, considerably more than that! All participants will be rehearsing for months alongside industry professionals in order to raise funds to support Segal Centre. Since its inception in 2009, the Segal Centre's musical fundraiser has raised over half a million dollars.
It is thanks to participants, ticket buyers, and generous donors that the Segal can continue to bring arts education to the next generation of artists through our renowned Academy; make theatre accessible to all through accessibility and inclusion initiatives; produce the very productions that inspire and connect us; and grow as an important resource for the community. The musical fundraiser is a wonderful way to encourage new people to visit the Segal Centre and experience the magic of live theatre for themselves.
The Segal Centre for Performing Arts is a not-for-profit theatre company based in Montreal. To find out more visit our website segalcentre.org