TEST Musical Fundraiser 2019-2020
The Segal Centre for Performing Arts
You be the star!
Raise money for the Segal Centre, work with the best theatre artists in the business and sing your heart out in this year's extra special musical fundraiser, directed by our very own, Lisa Rubin!
How it works
1. Complete this registration form by October 8th, 2019 and pay the 50$ non-refundable registration fee. You can join a team, but each participant has to register individually and this does not lower your individual fundraising goals.
2. Pick 3 of your favorite songs from this list, include them in the dedicated field on the registration form and we will do our best to meet your request. Ultimately, the creative team reserves the right to direct the show and will assign you the song(s) you are best suited to. (If you are joining the ensemble, meaning that you will sing and dance only in the group numbers, please write "not applicable" when you are prompted to pick your songs)
3. After registration closes, the Stage Manager will be in touch regarding your song choice and to confirm your availability so they can create a rehearsal schedule that respects everyone’s time and commitments. If you have to miss a rehearsal, we understand! But PLEASE let us know in advance. If absences persist the Director has the discretion to remove you from the number.
4. Get ready for your curtain call! Starting January 5th, attend weekly rehearsals (Sundays 7 - 9:30 p.m. and Mondays at 7:30 - 10:00 p.m.) ESPECIALLY those rehearsals for the song(s) you are participating in
5. Ask you friends, family and colleagues to support you! You can share this page or your unique participant's page straight to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. (All donations are eligible for a full tax receipt!)
6. Meet your fundraising goal (Solo 2000$, Duet 1500$, Ensemble $1000, Child $500) and receive 2 complementary tickets to the show.
7. Attending ALL technical and dress rehearsals the week before the show: Tuesday March 24th, Wednesday March 25th, Thursday March 26th, and Saturday March 28th 7:00 - 11:00 p.m.
8. Blow the audience away March 29th! Mark you calendars now!
P.S. Have fun! You may be working with experienced theatre professionals, but everyone joining you on stage is a volunteer. They're here to have a great time, be part of an amazing community, try something new and support the Segal!
If you're unsure about anything, don't hesitate to call or email Sarah Berger, Development Assistant at the Segal Centre at email@example.com or 514.739.2301 x 8326
About the Musical Fundraiser
Since it's inception in 2009, the Segal Centre's musical fundraiser has raised over half a million dollars for important programs, including: our renowned Academy, bringing arts education to the next generation; all manner of accessibility and engagement initiatives; and the very productions that inspire and connect us. It's a wonderful way to encourage new people to visit the Segal and experience the magic of live theatre for themselves. Each participant puts their heart and soul into their performance, rehearsing for several months so they can be at their best form in front of hundreds of audience members. Whether you sponsor a participant, buy tickets to a performance, or participate yourself, know that your support is greatly appreciated by everyone at the Segal and in this community.
The Segal Centre for Performing Arts is a not-for-profit theatre company based in Montreal. To find out more visit our website segalcentre.org