"I find myself an object among objects." - Frantz Fanon, Black Skin White Masks
Here are the Fragments merges science and art to illuminate the world of a schizophrenic psychiatrist and his family.
This is an immersive experience. Audiences walk through, interrogate, feel, and experience with all their senses.
Discover a moving story of loss and reconnection.
Explore archives and interviews with scientists, doctors, academics and patients.
Reflect on what schizophrenia is and how it is experienced by people who suffer from it.
This work is a thoroughly original and compelling immersive theatrical exploration of questions about race and mental health that could not be more important to our time and our city.
Here are the Fragments will premiere at The Theatre Centre on November 19, 2019. Performances run until December 1, 2019.
Suvendrini Lena – Lead Artist, Writer, Researcher
Leah Cherniak – Co-Director, Actor, Co-Creator
Trevor Schwellnus: Co-Creator, Designer, Videographer
Mumbi Tindyebwa Otu: Co-Director
Abigail Whitney: Assistant Director
Key Clinician Collaborators Dr. Araba Chintoh, Dr. Gary Remington, Dr. Patricia Cavanaugh, Dr. David Goldbloom (psychiatrists, CAMH), Dr. Ademole Adeponie (psychiatrist, University of Toronto).
Your support will help us:
- support our brilliant artists at a level commensurate to their talents
- extend outreach initiatives to communities most impacted by mental health challenges
- offer community showings, expert and community panels to stimulate discussion and catalyze positive changes
- support video and audio technologies required to create a fully immersive audience experience
- develop an archive of this rich work for a future life online
Thank you for supporting the creative team behind Here are the Fragments!