We believe in:
* Respecting and valuing the ways of all ages, backgrounds and experiences
* Respecting and valuing the thinking of all generations
* Eliminating artificial and systemic barriers created by age stereotyping and all other forms of discrimination
* Extending and sharing intergenerational support beyond family and acquaintances.
About Toronto Intergenerational Partnerships (TIGP)
Our objectives -
* We promote intergenerational harmony and lifelong learning
* We design and deliver intergenerational programs in partnership with the community
* We design and deliver programs which encourage participation of individuals of all ages, backgrounds and experiences.
* We strive to become a centre of best practices for intergenerational programming.
* We promote and incorporate in all our activities access and equity principles.
* We select diverse community agencies with whom we can form a specific, finite, renegotiable contract partnership. The goal of such partnerships is an intergenerational program under the auspices of the partner’s agency.