The Vancouver Native Health Society has received a CBCT machine as a donation from a local dental specialty office.
this machine is meant:
- to support our root canal program provided by root canal specialist from UBC
- to support poor working class with affordable 3D imagen and their needs for complicated extractions and or even implant placements.
the story behind this project
- machine has been donated
- city hall provide some starting funding for the project
- a local renovation company offered the room renovation at cost
- DIY phase of preparing the office to support and running all the IT needs of the machine.
- we are in the last stage where the final 3D software and licensing are needed. We are facing the need to purchase all these aspects. We estimate a possible cost between 3K - 4k due to software and potential labor from the supplier.
This machine is one of its kind and it is mainly seeing in specialty office, it is a huge step forward that a "Native non-for profit / charity" has this technology. This makes us the 1st in the province and probably in Canada.