Rotary Sea to Sky Pedal for Polio
Rotary Club of Whistler
Gather your friends, family, and coworkers, and join us for the Rotary Sea to Sky Pedal-for-Polio!
Every $1 donated is matched 2 for 1 by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. You raise $100 and the Rotary drive for the eradication of Polio receives $300.
The number of cases of polio has been rising recently in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Since the Covid-19 pandemic began, global immunization programs have had to be suspended. Once health care workers and volunteers from organizations such as Rotary International can access communities, there will have to be a very large scale effort to ensure that there are no significant outbreaks of polio in many countries. Please support the efforts of the Rotary Club of Whistler, the Rotary Club of Whistler Millenium, the Rotary Club of Pemberton and the Rotary Club of Squamish to help avert the spread and incidence of the crippling disease of Polio which spreads very quickly amongst children.
How the campaign works.
1. Join as an individual or a team. A family can be a team.
2. Fill in your details.
3. Decide your goal for the number of kilometres you hope to pedal, walk, or run in the week of Saturday 29th August to Sunday 6th September. Doesn't matter where you are - you might be on a biking holiday on the island. Put this in the information. You can add photos if you like.
4. Decide how much money you hope to raise and enter the amount.
5. Complete the registration process. Make sure you choose the Rotary Club that you are supporting - Rotary Club of Whistler, Rotary Club of Whistler Millenium, or Rotary Club of Squamish.
6. You will receive an email with a link to your own fundraising page which you can send out to family and friends who may sponsor you. As people sponsor you, you will see how you are heading towards your money goal.
7. Record the kilometres you pedal, walk or run between 10am on Saturday 29th August and 5pm on Sunday 6th September. Strava is a good free app to use to record this. As you work towards your goal you can change your message on your personal fundraising page, and report your progress, and send out to your sponsors.
8. After 5pm on the 6th of September send a message to all your sponsors, thanking them and telling them your kilometres and how much money you have raised.
1. Press the Donate Now button.
2. Select the participant or team you wish to support.
3. Enter the donation amount.
4. Write a message of support.
5. Proceed to the secure payment page.
Campaign launch and Registration opens on August 1st at 10am.