The YNC Regular Program Fund supports the every-day work we do engaging kids and families in nature. Your support helps us fund supplies for our youth-led conservation action projects, travel and space bookings for our field adventures, and salary support for the staff that keep our programs going.
Here are some of the awesome things we did in 2019:
- Family field trip to Otter Ponds Demonstration Forest in Mooseland
- Lichen scavenger hunt through Blue Mountain Birch Cove Wilderness Area
- 4 Christmas Bird Count 4 Kids events! in Halifax, Dartmouth, East Hants, and Cape Breton
- Tween birding trip to Point Pleasant Park
- Pebbles of Nova Scotia beach walk in Inverness
- All About Coyotes family field trip to Cape Breton Highlands National Park
- Youth-led Conservation Action: water quality monitoring in urban Dartmouth
- Youth-led Conservation Action: native species plantings in Shubie Park
- Nature by Night viewing at Halifax North
- Geology Scavenger Hunt for tweens at the NS Museum of Natural History
- Family stargazing trip to York Redoubt with the Royal Astronomical Society Halifax Chapter
And here are some of the things we hope to do in 2020!
- 35 family field trips in 5 communities across Nova Scotia
- Our first ever tweens-only overnight trip to biodiverse South West Nova Scotia
- More youth-led conservation action projects along the Shubenacadie River
- 5 Christmas Bird Counts
- Online programing, like live presentations, trivia, and challenges, to help families engage with nature during Covid-19
We're Adapting our Programing to Covid-19! See our new Covid-19 Campaign for more on how we're shifting from bringing kids to nature to bringing nature to kids.