An inclusive community where women, children, youth and families are safe,inspired and empowered to grow.
YWCA Durham is a trusted community leader that provides high quality programs, services and resources that respond to the needs of women, children, youth and families.
YWCA Durham is a feminist organization that believes in, supports and advocates for:
Equity: We recognize that an investment in women, children, youth and families builds a stronger future for everyone.
Diversity: We honour and are committed to diversity and inclusion.
Self Determination: We respect and support the right for women and girls to make their own choices.
Accountability: We conduct ourselves with integrity to ensure a high level of accountability and transparency.
YWCA Durham provides opportunities for women, children and youth to improve their lives through safe and supportive housing, education, personal growth and development. Our staff is dedicated to finding the solutions that are right for each individual and family. We offer supportive, non-judgmental care and encouragement each step along the way.
Together we are Changing Lives, Saving Lives.
We provide quality programs and services which include:
* Y's WISH Shelter - for abused women and their children
* 2nd Stage Housing - a 33-bed unit for single women at-risk
* APPLE community program - for longer-term counselling for women victims of violence
* Supportive Housing Apartments - a 40 unit building for women led households
* Ontario Early Years Centre - for parents and caregivers and their children
* Family Programs Centre - a gymnasium for community events and program delivery