YWCA COVID-19 Emergency Response & Recovery Fund
During this pandemic, YWCA Edmonton is continuing to serve our community, providing remote counselling, youth programming, and educational resources to those in need.
We’re seeing an unprecedented level of urgency and demand for our services. We’ve been working hard to adapt our programs to meet this growing need, and to limit COVID-19’s impact on the vulnerable women and families we are proud to serve.
With the support of our community we are:
- Investing in new technology to ensure our Counselling Services can continue to be delivered remotely to our clients
- Collaborating with agencies, shelters, and government to address the alarming rise of domestic violence being experienced by families in isolation
- Adapting our GirlSpace and youth mental health programs to reach young people in their homes, offering them connections and support through this tough time
- Exploring the short-term conversion of our Camp Yowochas facility outside of Edmonton to a space for families in need
Help us to continue to adapt and to protect those who have been affected most by this pandemic.
- A monthly gift of $10 provides access for young women to our Girlspace Z online programming, giving youth in isolation the chance to connect, grow and thrive.
- A gift of $50 helps us to invest in the technology needed for our teams to connect with individuals in need remotely, providing guidance, healing and support.
- A gift of $150 ensures we can keep families at the highest risk of experiencing domestic violence safe by providing remote access to counselling, mental health support, and safety planning.