Collecting gifts of securities can mean remarkable growth in fundraising revenue for your charity! Gifts of securities vary in size, but they are often larger in value. Donors feel good because they can make a bigger impact and eliminate the capital gains tax. Your charity receives the full fair market value when the security is sold.
Start accepting gifts of securities while keeping donors on your website! You get the same flexible features and options as the original Customizable Donation Form.
A donation of securities or mutual funds is the most efficient way for your donors to give. As the largest national processor of online securities and mutual fund donations, CanadaHelps takes care of handling and selling the shares, transferring the funds into your charity’s bank account, and issuing tax receipts—saving your charity valuable time and resources.
Create a Customizable Donation Form for Securities in minutes by following these steps:
1. Sign into your charity’s CanadaHelps account and click the “Donation Forms” tab* from the main navigation menu.
2. You’ll be taken to the Customizable Donation Forms section. Click on the “Create a New Form” button on the right-hand side to get started.
3. Name your form and click on the “Form Type” drop-down list to choose the “Securities” option.
4. Choose the fund you wish to direct the securities donations to under “General Settings” and start customizing your form under the “Other Customizations”, “Custom Email Messages”, and “Brand Form” sections. Inspire donors by personalizing your Donate Securities Form with your brand colours, fonts, images, and messaging. Remember to save your progress by clicking on the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
5. To add your form to your website, return to your list of forms under the “Donation Forms” menu tab and click on “< > Embed” on the right side of your form’s name. This will automatically copy the form’s code so you can paste it into your own website’s code, wherever you’d like it to appear.
With every gift of securities or mutual funds, we facilitate the sale of the gift, issue a charitable tax receipt, and transfer the proceeds right into your charity’s bank account, using the banking information submitted when you first registered with CanadaHelps.
*Don’t see the “Donation Forms” tab in your account? Upgrade your account today at no additional cost to access CanadaHelps’ full fundraising tools suite.