Your CanadaHelps Donor Account
What is a CanadaHelps Account for donors?
A CanadaHelps Account for donors is a secure way to store information you use every time you donate. Because your account is password protected, we can save you time by safely storing:
- your e-mail and street address for tax receipt purposes
- your account settings and preferences
- your tax receipts and a record of each donation
- a list of your favourite charities
In accordance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), we also save an encrypted key which references your credit card information, stored on a separate, secure server. That way, your information is separate and safe, but you don’t have to type it in each time you donate.
Donor accounts are free and only take a moment to set up. Create your account now.
How do I sign up for an account?
It’s simple. You can create your account here. Or you can always look in the toolbar at the top of every page on our site. Just click the “Sign Up” link you’ll find there.
We’ll ask you to provide an e-mail address to use as your account ID and to create a password.
You can also sign up for an account using an ID you’ve already created for your favourite social media sites. Signing in with your Facebook, Yahoo!, or Google ID means you’ll have one less ID and password to remember.
What does it mean to “connect” a social media account?
To make it even easier to sign in to your CanadaHelps account, we let you connect it to an existing account you have with Facebook, Google, or Yahoo!.
Signing in with another ID gives you access to your CanadaHelps account, but with one less ID and password to remember.
To connect a social media account to your CanadaHelps account, simply go to Your Account Settings, available in the account pull-down menu in the toolbar at the top of every page of our site. Your account is only available once you’ve signed in.
Where do I find my tax receipts and records of my transactions on the site?
You can always find your Donations and Receipts in the account pull-down menu in the toolbar at the top of every page of our site. Your account is only available once you’ve signed in.
If you’d like to change the details of a donation we haven’t disbursed to the charity, you can use the “Edit” link.
If you’d like to download a copy of a donation tax receipt as a .pdf file, click on either the “Get Receipt” link or the receipt number link in the body of the transaction details.
To read or print a .pdf file, you’ll need the free application Adobe® Reader®. You can download it from the Adobe website.
Where do I find my favourite charities?
You can always find Your Favourites in the account pull-down menu in the toolbar at the top of every page of our site. That’s where you’ll find a list of the charities and Fundraising pages you’ve saved.
Your account is only available once you’ve signed in.
How do I manage my personal information and account preferences?
You can always find Your Account Settings in the account pull-down menu in the toolbar at the top of every page of our site. Your account is only available once you’ve signed in.
Once there, you can add or update personal information and preferences to save you time when you donate.
- Change your account e-mail.
- Change you account password.
- Connect one or more social media IDs to your account so you can access your CanadaHelps account without having to remember another ID or password.
- Change the credit card information you have on file.
- Change the information we need to issue your tax receipts.
- Change your preference for how often we send your tax receipts
- Change your preference for what information you’d like us to share with the charities you support. You can override them for any individual donation when pay.
- Change your preference for how often we contact you.
How do I edit or cancel my monthly donation?
Editing or cancelling your monthly donation through CanadaHelps is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Sign into your CanadaHelps Account
- Once logged into your Donor Account, click “Your Monthly Donations” tab
- You will see a list of all the monthly donations you have set up with CanadaHelps. To edit or cancel an existing monthly donation, click the “Change” button on the same row as the charity name
- Once clicked, you will see all the details of that monthly donation. You can change any of the details, including the amount or recurrence date. To cancel your monthly donation, click the button at the bottom right of the page that says “Stop this payment”