In the Quinte area – there is a strong need for a regional respite centre to help families of people with intellectual disabilities/ dual diagnosis and those individuals that need immediate help.
We are currently fundraising to build this centre to provide the entire region with the ability to provide respite care for those who need it, when they need it. The Regional Respite Centre will have studio apartments, common areas, and will provide supervision to people who need a few days or even a few weeks of respite care.
A Regional Respite Centre in the Quinte area will
- provide relief to families caring for their loved ones with intellectual disabilities/dual diagnosis;
- provide emergency care for individuals of aging parents when health issues arise;
- provide Urgent Shelter when someone with an intellectual disability/dual diagnosis is found homeless and on the street;
- reduce the number of bed spaces occupied unnecessarily at local hospitals; and
- provide opportunities for some of the 2000 affected citizens we don’t usually serve.
To accomplish this we need your support. All donations - big or small - will make a difference. If 10,000 people donated just $3 per month on their credit card the impact would be $360,000 annually. The impact on people’s lives would be enormous.