World Hunger Month: Promote Your Fundraising Campaigns for Free
This World Hunger Month, charities all over the world will be helping to fight hunger. Will your charity be joining in?
This October, we’ll be promoting the important work that charities are doing to fight hunger. If your charity is helping this cause, we have the perfect free tool to help donors learn about your special initiatives and fundraising campaigns. All year round, Canadians can discover exciting charitable projects and donate using our campaign-browsing page on CanadaHelps. We’re adding a new “Fight Hunger” category and it will be a top destination during World Hunger Month in October. We’ll be reaching out to media and over 300,000 Canadians to let them know about your amazing work.
Promoting Your Fundraising Campaign is Easy!
Learn how to create a campaign page to highlight a specific fund or project for donors and media to discover. Set your start and end date, add a fundraising goal, photos and videos, and more. We’ll promote your campaign on the campaign-browsing page on CanadaHelps all year around! Watch the video below or read the step-by-step instructions.
Ready to Get Started?
Sign into your charity account and go to the Campaigns tab in the Charity Profile section.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the steps-by-step instructions for creating a campaign page?
- Sign-in to your CanadaHelps account.
- Click Charity Admin from the drop-down box at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Profile tab and then click the Edit Profile button
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Scroll down the page to the Create a New Campaign section…
- Enter the name of your campaign under the “Name” field for English and/or French (i.e. Emergency Treatment Kit, Clean Water for 7 Days, etc.)
- Indicate the start date that you want your campaign to appear in the campaign-browsing page on CanadaHelps
- Indicate the end date that you want your campaign to be removed, or leave it blank if you prefer to remove it manually.
- You can enter a goal amount or leave it blank if you don’t want a fundraising thermometer to show.
- Select a fund or create a new one.
- Select the language that you want your page to appear in.
- Click Create Campaign.
After you click Create Campaign, you’ll be directed to a page where you can add a photo, description and more. Don’t forget to save your work!
- A photo will go a long way, so be sure to add one! Photos must be at least 400x400px. Add them to your media library first, and then select the ones you want to display on this page from the Page Visuals Tab.
- When filling out information about your campaign in the Campaign Info tab, don’t forget to select “Fight Hunger” from the Campaign Type drop-down menu.
What does a campaign page look like?
How long will my campaign be visible on CanadaHelps?
Your campaign can be visible on CanadaHelps for as long as you want! If you select an end date when setting up your campaign, it will be removed automatically on that date. Or, don’t include an end date and your campaign will remain on the CanadaHelps campaign-browsing page until you remove it manually. For as long as your campaign is live, donors can discover it on CanadaHelps!
Where do donors go to browse Fight Hunger campaigns?
Donors can discover Fight Hunger campaigns on CanadaHelps’ campaign-browsing page.
How will CanadaHelps promote campaigns?
We promote charitable campaigns all year round. Whether it’s Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, the holiday season, or any other special occasion throughout the year, we’ll be reaching out to media and over 300,000 Canadians to promote your amazing charitable initiatives.
What kinds of charities can participate in the Fight Hunger initiative?
Any charity fighting hunger can participate! Whether you need funds for a school breakfast program, a new stove for your soup kitchen, or feeding families in need, you can promote your fundraising campaign for free.