The Tema Conter Memorial Trust
The inaugural BIG HIKE will take place on September 9th, 2017. In support of the Tema Conter Memorial Trust (www.tema.ca), participants will take to Mother Nature and challenge themselves in the most difficult hike in the Maritimes: Cape Chignecto Provincial Park.
Cape Chignecto Provincial Park is located in Advocate Harbour, N.S., approximately two and a half hours from Halifax. It is home to some of Canada's most spectacular scenery and challenging trails.
Advanced hikers will have the chance to challenge themselves to the entire 52 kilometre trail; a single loop around the whole of Chignecto. Intermediate and beginner hikers can push themselves and take on the 24 kilometre "out and back" from the start line, the Visitor Centre, to Refugee Cove. Taking on the steepest climbs only to retrace their steps and come back home. An arduous yet beautiful hike.
Cape Chignecto Provincial Park hosts 600ft sea cliffs, that rise from the Bay of Fundy. The Park offers stunning coastline, deep valleys, sheltered coves, rare plants and old growth forests. (http://parks.novascotia.ca/content/cape-chignecto)
- Participants must be 19 years of age, or older;
- There is a $100.00 registration fee for this event;
- Participants must must agree to, and acknowledge, the online participation waiver;
- In order to participate in The Big Hike, all participants agree to raise a minimum of $1,000.00;
- Only 50 participants will be permitted to register for this event. Please Register Here to avoid disappointment.