Why We're Here
World Housing believes that homes are the key turning point where the momentum of community begins to have effects that radiate beyond individuals and into entire families, villages, and countries.
World Housing homes allow people to live safe, stable lives. Children who grow up in safe, stable homes have greater freedom to pursue education, and raise the standard of living for themselves, their families, and future generations to come.
World Housing homes cause a ripple effect. And those ripples change lives.
Our mission is to create social change by connecting the world to be a better community.
A new home means a new start, the beginning of a life with safety, security and stability as a foundation. What grows from there is a restoration of dignity and hope for the future. Families and communities begin to thrive, bringing up a new generation of healthy, educated, and inspired leaders for their community.
World Housing provides homes to families living in slums in the developing world, fostering communities where families can thrive with safety, security, and access to the resources that change lives. Since 2013 we've built 605 homes house 3003 people in 5 countries, and we're only getting started.
Why choose World Housing?
- Since 2013 we’ve built 605 homes, transforming the lives of 3,003 people in six countries around the world.
- 100% of every public donation goes towards building homes and transforming the lives of families.
- We use technology to scale our impact. Starting in 2019, we will build homes using 3D printing technology in collaboration with our building partners, New Story Charity. This will allow for the complete construction of a home in just 48 hours for $6,500 CAD.
- We prove our impact using GPS coordinates, family move-in videos and community building updates, so you know exactly where your donations are going.
- We partner with local organizations who use their existing relationships within the communities and governments to streamline the home building process. This allows us to focus 100% of all funds on home building.
- Participatory design is at the heart of what we do. We are hyper-focused on constantly improving our designs based on the needs of the communities we serve. No two communities we build are identical, and our home designs are in a constant state of improvement.