The BC Marine Trails is in the process of creating a network of marine trails and marine trails loops along the BC coastline. As we establish a marine trail, such as, the Salish Sea Marine Trail, it provides a trails infrastructure that is beneficial to local communities and local businesses. We also have an active stewardship program to help maintain the marine trails through cleanups, site condition reporting and conservation.
The Salish Sea Marine Trail for example will:
• Improve the quality of life for residents and visitors who wish to make use ofCanada’s Salish Sea;
• Broaden and strengthen the economic base in the region through infrastructure improvements and increased tourist spending;
• Contribute to community health by promoting low-impact, self-propelled activity;
• Contribute to environmental sustainability by reducing air, water and noise pollution through advocacy for self-propelled travel; and
• Play a role in community and Coast Salish heritage by drawing attention to the natural and man-made history encompassed within the Salish Sea.